Find a Job
What is Driver CPC?
This is a qualification that applies to all bus, coach and lorry drivers across the European Union, to maintain high driving standards. Driver CPC stands for 'Certificate of Professional Competence'. There are currently no plans for the UK Government to change the requirements for Driver CPC after Brexit so you still need to be aware of your individual training deadline and complete the required training in order to continue as a vocational driver.
Once you have passed your Initial CPC, you may think thats it. Unfortunately that is not the case, your Driver CPC lasts for 5 years. To maintain your Driver CPC you will need to complete 35 hours of Periodic Training every 5 years if you wish to drive professionally.
From September 2009, all newly qualified LGV Drivers (Cat C1, Cat C & Cat CE) now have to complete additional training in addition to their LGV Driving Test & Theory Test.
All drivers who held at least a Category C1 entitlement prior to this date had to complete 35 hours of periodic training before the 10th September 2014, and then every 5 years thereafter. Each training course must be a minimum of 7 hours in duration. Training can be spread over 5 years or be taken in one week.
Why use XP Recruitment for your Driver CPC training requirements?
- As a well established company, we have the ability to provide you with all of our CPC Periodic Training Needs and Associated Courses. Our trainers are fully Approved with JAUPT and the DSA to Provide Driver Periodic CPC, we have spacious training facilities and are commited to working with you to ensure that all of your drivers are qualified before their individual training deadlines.
- We are able to provide dedictated Driver CPC Training Courses for any business that requires it. The courses can either be conducted at your own premises or at our Head Office in Moulton Park, Northampton.
- We offer 'Open Courses' where individuals can book on for just 1 module or a block of modules if they wish.
- We offer FREE DRIVER CPC TRAINING for all of our regular drivers. For more information on how you can benefit from this service, please contact your local XP Recruitment branch today!
How do I get in touch?
- If you are one of our regular drivers, you can benefit from our FREE DRIVER CPC TRAINING! You need to complete 20 shifts per FREE DRIVER CPC MODULE. If you have already completed this, you already qualify. Just speak to your local XP Recruitment branch to get booked on to a course!
- If you would like to register as a new driver to take advantage of our FREE DRIVER CPC TRAINING, speak to your local XP Recruitment branch today!
- If you are a client or business, wishing to book a Driver CPC training course for your own drivers, please call us on 01604 805939 to discuss your needs.